Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 2

       Thankfully, the second day has been much less taxing than the first. My service today was a craft (something I usually stay far away from). It was extremely easy and is something that I absolutely love. I made salt scrubs! Here is an ingredient list and a brief overview of what I did:

Salt Scrubs

1/4 cup sea salt
Sunflower oil
Scented oils



The sunflower oil acts as a wonderful base because it isn't scented, but it holds the mix together. For the scented oils, I used a mix of French vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, just using a few drops of each. I mixed all the ingredients and gave them away in 4 oz. plastic containers. These salt scrubs are a wonderful and inexpensive present, and you can personalize them for the recipient.

       I had so much fun making these, and I gave them to a few friends of mine who I thought would enjoy them. Paired with a handwritten note, these are incredible gifts. While this service isn't huge, I was able to make someone's day and remind them that someone cares about them. Sometimes that's the best gift you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment